With the holidays coming up. Most women choose high-heeled shoes for their new year’s image. Perhaps they looks spectacular. But these shoes are not physiological. They can cause a lot of problems. Orthopedic trauma doctor Artem Kramarenko told about the dangers of shoes with heels. He gave advice on how to wear such shoes correctly.
What Is Dangerous About High Heels
Calluses, corns, flat feet, halus valgus, metatarsalgia, sesamoiditis and even stress fracture – these are the diseases that occur in lovers of high heels. The foot on high heels takes equinus position (goes down). This gives the legs an attractive look. The legs are getting longer and the muscles are leaner, as if strained. But the mass of the body is not distributed over the entire foot, but on the front part of it.
Most often, after wearing such shoes, the pad of the thumb or the front part of the foot hurts. This is logical, the higher the heel – the greater the pressure.
1. The Risk Of Fractures Increases
High heels make it easier to lose your balance and fall. This is because the foot has a smaller support area. The foot is in an unnatural position. Most often, the ankle joint suffers. There are various injuries of the ligamentous apparatus.
2. Pain In The Heels
Because of wearing shoes with high heels, there is an overstrain and shortening of the calf muscles. This leads to pain in the heels. BTW, we recommended to read book on how to cure plantar fasciitis.
3. Deformation Of The Fingers
Because of the increase in pressure on the front of the foot, the fingers rest on the “nose” of the Shoe. They are grouped together unnaturally. If the nose is too narrow, it may well cause deformation of the fingers – bunion (halus valgus) or hammer-like fingers. In addition, the nails may be deformed. Some pathologies from this list may occur after one evening in heels. Other pathologies occur as a result of daily use.
How To Wear Shoes With High Heels
- First of all, this is not a daily Shoe. Don’t wear high-heeled shoes every day. Even if you need to wear “heels” only one day-take care of a change of shoes. You need to change to wear them as soon as you start feeling uncomportable.
- If you rarely wear shoes of this type, you should first practice walking on it.
- Strengthen your calf muscles.
- Choose the lowest heel height among those that suit you.
- Choose shoes with a wide heel. The wider the heel, the more stable the Shoe.
- Choose shoes with a platform under the toe.
- Be careful in a crowd if you drink alcohol, are tired, or are on a wet surface or ice.