Table of Content (show)
The Japanese brand Shimano is well-known not only for its bikes, brake, wheel and pedal items for the road but also for the best high-quality cycling shoes. Creating the shoes for all riding styles, it offers cycling footwear even to the racers of Pro Tour and World Cup. Having decided to purchase the cycling shoes of this brand, one should keep in mind that they do not intrinsically come with cleats, which are pedal specific. Though producing pedals, Shimano isn’t aware of the kind of the pedal a customer will be using, that’s why the purchaser should choose the exact style of the necessary cleat. 5 different models of the cycling road shoes are observed in the comparison table below, to provide specific information about the peculiarities of the concrete pair (grading from 1 to 10).
The Table of Shimano Cycling Shoes for Women
|Photo||Price on Amazon||Upper Material||Sole Material||Colors||Closure||Our Mark|
|SH-WR35 Road Shoes||Synthetic||Rubber||1 color||Hook-and-loop||10|
|SH-CW41||Synthetic / Mesh||Rubber||1 color||Lace||10|
|SHRP3W Road Performance Cycling Shoes||Faux Leather / Mesh||Fiberglass-reinforced nylon||1 color||Hook-and-loop, Ratchet strap||10|
|SH-RP2 Touring Road Cycling Shoes||Synthetic||Glass fiber reinforced nylon||2 colors||Hook-and-loop||9|
|2015 Mountain Bike Shoes||Synthetic||Glass reinforced polyamide||1 color||Hook-and-loop, Ratchet strap||9|
Women’s SH-WR35 Road Shoes by Shimano
The second pair of shoes under consideration is engineered for the urban and recreational cyclists. It is lightweight, has a recession and rubber outsole to make walking easier with the cleats. Fiberglass-reinforced midsole plate boosts pedaling productivity, and the upper is produced of several layers of synthetic leather. Providing a customized fit and the additional support, a versatile cup insole is compliant with different foot shapes. The model SH-WR35 can be purchased only in white color, but 6 different sizes are available: 36-40 and 42, not including a 41.
The manufacturer advises to combine it with PD-A600 and PD-A520 pedals by Shimano. These shoes are compatible only with Shimano SPD cleats; if a woman needs to Look Delta compatible ones, she should look for a shoe with a 3-hole triangular pattern on the bottom.
It worth noting the walking convenience of these shoes – for instance, you can easily walk from the locker room to the spin room due to the recessed SPD cleat.
Despite all the advantages of this model, these shoes have glue marks.
The Model SH-CW41 by Shimano
These black women’s shoes will make a huge discrepancy in spin classes, town and weekend tours. They combine off-the-bike walkability with force transfer on the bike. The high level of ventilation is achieved due to the fair extent of mesh in the upper, which will keep feet dry in hot weather. A conventional lacing system offers walking comfort and equal tension.
A woman can choose her right size among 9 sizes – from 36 to 44.
It’s extremely easy to clip the cleats in and out. Though the shoes look a bit clunky, they are very comfortable even for women with extremely broad toe box. The bottom is hard and stiff as the usual spin shoes, they are not flexible, so the feet won’t hurt.
Even though these shoes are very sturdy, supportive and cool-looking, they run very wide. They won’t work for narrow feet.
SHRP3W Road Performance Women’s Cycling Shoes
The last model by Shimano is designated both for the usage of a road bike and indoor cycling. It suggests a wide size range (from 36 to 44), but a poor color scope – only black and white. These shoes will be a great option for recreational and club cyclists looking for efficiency, stability, and tension-free fit. Fiberglass-reinforced nylon sole provides a straightforward connection to the pedals, the synthetic leather upper arises power and cohesion. Flexible padded tongue contributes to comfort, and built-in air intake and exhaust system preserve feet fresh.
The producer recommends Shimano PD-A520, PD-R550, PD-R540 and PD-540-LA pedals with this model.
These shoes are snug without being tight, and they are perfect for narrow feet.
We advise avoiding walking through puddles in these shoes, as there are vents in the sole for good foot breathing.
Shimano SH-RP2 Touring Road Cycling Shoes for Women
These good-looking shoes are specially designed for beginning cyclists and are suitable both for indoor training and rides in the open air. Available in 2 classic colors (black and white), they provide a wide size range – from 36 to 44. The black model has a turquoise lining around the sides and light gray inside sole. The sole is made of fiberglass reinforced nylon and provides adequate comfort during recreational tours. The upper from synthetic leather has certain benefits over the natural one: it is lighter, more enduring and stretch-resistant. Besides, these shoes provide continuous ventilation due to the integrated air system. Triple asymmetrical straps divide the tightening pressure steadily crosswise the foot. It is recommended to match these shoes with Shimano PD-R540, PD-540-LA, PD-R550 and PD-A520 pedals. They can be used only in combination with SPD cleats and the adapter SM-SH40.
As it has been mentioned above, the cleats aren’t included and have to be purchased separately.
It is very comfortable and applicable model for most spin bikes. However, it is not the right choice for women with narrow feet, as the toes of these shoes are somewhat tight.
It is also remarkable that the manufacturer doesn’t follow the standard European sizes. These shoes are more than a half size up. For example, normally a size 7,5 relates to a 38, but in Shimano, it is a 40.
Shimano 2015 Women’s Mountain Bike Shoes
The next model of cycling shoes under the analysis is designed in classic black color and only one size – 5,5 B, which corresponds to the European 37. With a hook-and-loop type of closure, synthetic leather upper and ratchet strap element, these shoes help a woman pedal better and faster.
The shoes are extremely efficient, effective, and easily adjustable due to the ratchet strap. They provide fantastic support and work well for hour-long classes.
If you have to do something other then spin or bike, you will be able to walk around in these shoes, and the feet won’t hurt. But these mountain bike shoes aren’t intended for people with wide feet, as they are a tad narrow.
Finding a Leader
Summing up, all the above-mentioned models by the brand Shimano are made of high-quality material, which places them on the approximately even level. They are of the same degree of comfort, though SH-WR35 Road Shoes, SH-CW41 and SHRP3W Road Performance Cycling Shoes got better marks. The best ventilation is provided by the models SH-CW41 and the last item under examination. But it is really difficult to define a leader among all these cycling shoes, as it depends on the concrete size and foot peculiarities of a woman. For normal feet, all the models will make a perfect match. For women with wide feet, the best choice will be the third model, and with narrow – model 1 and 4.
More About Shimano Brand
Shimano is one of the world’s oldest companies specializing in the production of goods for cycling, fishing, and snowboarding. It was founded in the distant 1921 as a small family factory. Among the many bicycle products of this company, it is worth noting separately that the Shimano bicycle shoes are produced in a wide variety and are divided into several categories. Among the main varieties – Shimano winter boots, road biking shoes, cross-footwear for cross-country, freeride cycling, women’s bicycle shoes, various kinds of bicycle boots and so on. For women, cycling shoes are designed taking into account the female geometry of the foot and favorite women’s colors.
Things to Pay Attention to When Choosing the Right Shimano Road Cycling Shoes
Some people cycle for several hours every day. And after an hour’s drive, the numb footsteps, burning fingers and other joys of poorly fitting shoes can cover up all the good that you are experiencing by looking at the soft outlines of your bicycle. Road cycling shoes are the most important element of sports equipment.
- It is extremely important to choose the right size: Shoes should fit exactly in size. Otherwise, you will be uncomfortable and, as a result, unable to enjoy your favorite sports activity. In this case, the pain in the feet from the incorrectly selected size is sometimes so strong that you just want to stop and do not go anywhere. And then it is absolutely not important how much you gave for the bike, if you sit on the sidelines, taking off your shoes, and your friends look at you with the reproach and wait for you to decide again to zip up your shoes. They do not wear out and even a little discomfort on trying on real driving can lead to big problems.
- Trying shoes before you buy them is a must: You should buy shoes only after fitting. It is not a good idea to buy such shoes online if you don’t know your size and have never worn this type of shoes. Footwear for a road bike should be with a carbon sole. A good pair of shoes last at least 2 years of intensive use. However, there are models that can serve up to 10 years without the loss of their functionality. Take into account that cycling shoes, like any other hard shoes, are very specific in the shoe. Each manufacturer has its own and differs radically: up to the complete impossibility to wear certain shoes, despite the seemingly appropriate size. Shimano cycling shoes are considered very comfortable according to the reviews of many women who have chosen this brand, however, to be on the safe side it is always better to try them on before getting your perfect pair of shoes.
- Color also matters: Sure, that you can choose any color you like most but keep in mind that in summer it is better to wear white cycling shoes as it is not so hot in them. As for the black color, it has its benefits, among which the most important is that such shoes are more practical and will look better for the longer period of time.
Which Benefits Can Shimano Road Cycling Shoes Offer You?
- Durable and lightweight rubber protector provides excellent grip when walking;/li>
- The base of the sole is made of nylon, reinforced with fiberglass, increases rigidity and elasticity;
- Inextensible nylon net of the top provides a reliable fit and air permeability;
- The clasp with micro-regulation and two biased straps reliably holds the foot and allows precise adjustment;
- Biased straps prevent pinpoint pressure on the joint.