- 1. In your lifetime you will walk about 65,000 miles — that’s three times around the earth!
- 2. About 2000 steps equals 1 mile.
- 3. The average person walks at pace of 3.1 miles per hour
- 4. Walkers have one foot on the ground at all times.
- 5. The longest walk around the world was completed by a former neon-sign salesman, Jean Beliveau. He walked 46,600 miles around 64 countries. The trip took him 11 years, over this time he changed 54 pairs of shoes.
- 6. Experts suggest walking minimum 6,000 steps a day (About 3 miles) to improve health and 10,000 steps a day to lose weight.
- 7. It would take about 225 million years to walk one light-year at the average pace of 3 miles per hour. One light-year is about 5.9 trillion miles.
- 8. A typical pair of athletic shoes will last for approximately 500 miles of walking.
Leave a Comment