1. In your lifetime you will walk about 65,000 miles — that’s three times around the earth!
2. About 2000 steps equals 1 mile.
3. The average person walks at pace of 3.1 miles per hour
4. Walkers have one foot on the ground at all times.
5. The longest walk around the world was completed by a former neon-sign salesman, Jean Beliveau. He walked 46,600 miles around 64 countries. The trip took him 11 years, over this time he changed 54 pairs of shoes.
6. Experts suggest walking minimum 6,000 steps a day (About 3 miles) to improve health and 10,000 steps a day to lose weight.
7. It would take about 225 million years to walk one light-year at the average pace of 3 miles per hour. One light-year is about 5.9 trillion miles.
8. A typical pair of athletic shoes will last for approximately 500 miles of walking.