A wedge sandal is a perfect solution for women doesn’t like footwear on the flat sole, but who don’t want to sacrifice comfort in order to look good. Sandals on cork wedge platform combine all these features: they are lightweight, breathable, comfortable, provide nice lifting and of course stylish. We choose 6 models of wedge sandals and in this review, we will define the best pair. Below you can see comparison table that includes general characteristics and an overall mark.
Compare Cork Wedge Sandals
|Photo||Brand||Price on Amazon||Upper Material||Sole Material||Colors||Features||Dimensions||Our Mark|
|Aerosoles||Women’s Plush Around Wedge Sandal||Synthetic||Rubber||7 colors||10|
|Kate Spade New York||Women’s Tallin Wedge Sandal||Leather||Rubber||3 colors||10|
|Dolce Vita||Women’s Lynnie Wedge Sandal||Leather||Synthetic||3 colors||9|
|Stuart Weitzman||Women’s Minky Wedge Sandal||Leather||Rubber||3 colors||9|
|Charles David||Arizona Women Open Toe Canvas Blue Wedge Sandal||Fabric||Synthetic||Navy color||8|
|Toms||Women’s Sienna Wedge Shoes||Fabric||Rubber||4 colors||8|
Aerosoles Women’s Plush Around Wedge Sandal
These well-made wedges from Aerosoles feature lightweight cork platform, decorative and functional buckle closure, cushioned insoles, contoured bottoms and a high heel. The upper part is made of synthetic material that is available in 7 different colors: cork, denim, black, bone, brown, dark blue and cream. Buckle closure near the ankle gives secure and adjustable fit. Soles of the shoes have rubber coverage, so sandals won’t slip on any surface. Wedges are pretty comfortable, though they feature 3.5 inches heel, as they have soft cushioned insoles. Unfortunately, sandals run small and narrow and women with wide feet have to size up in order to wear them comfortably.
Kate Spade New York Women’s Tallin Wedge Sandal
This model from Kate Spade has the comfiest heel among other reviewed sandals because it features a hidden platform that makes lifting of the foot almost unnoticeable. Nevertheless, the wedge is pretty high (3 inches), these shoes are very easy to walk in. The design is stylish and versatile, so sandals can be paired almost with anything: shorts, jeans, skirts or dresses. They are dressy enough to wear for some special occasion, but sandals are great for everyday wear as well. Model is available in black, mushroom and powder colors. Padded insoles and non-slip bottoms are also great advantages of the presented pair.
But be careful, as shoes run a half size smaller.
Dolce Vita Women’s Lynnie Wedge Sandal
Lynnie Wedge sandals are made of soft natural leather that will conform to the shape of your foot. Shoes feature a lace-up front, so they can be adjusted as you like. This model is available in 3 colors to match different outfits. The cork wedge is very light and not clunky at all. Insoles are cushioned to provide extra comfort and support, so shoes can be worn for a long time without fatigue, even though they feature high heel. Unfortunately, outsoles have no grip, so probably shoes can be slippery.
Stuart Weitzman Women’s Minky Wedge Sandal
Here is another model with crisscross upper and buckle closure at the ankle. Shoes are made of real suede that is nice to touch and very breathable. So, your feet won’t get sweaty even on the hottest summer day. Sandals are great for any occasion: everyday wear as well as some party or date. They are simply elegant and stylish. Available in 3 colors: blue, haze and beige. Soles are rubberized, so you can feel safe and secure on any uneven terrain. For comfort sandals feature cushioned insoles.
Charles By Charles David Arizona Women Open Toe Canvas Blue Wedge Sandal
These sandals are very stylish and feature thin upper straps that will combine greatly with various clothes. Convenient adjustable ankle strap helps to make a perfect fit, though these shoes need a break-in period. Soft insoles provide all day comfort. Bottoms have good grip, so shoes are non-slippery.
Toms Women’s Sienna Wedge Shoes
Wedge sandals with crisscross upper straps are made of light and breathable fabric material. They are great for hot summer. Buckle closure will fix your feet securely on the place, so they won’t slide forward and cause discomfort. Special anti-bacterial insoles prevent odor and absorb moisture, keeping feet fresh and dry during all day. These insoles are padded as well, they provide soft comfort and support. As for disadvantages, upper straps can be too narrow. Shoes are available 4 different colors.
All reviewed wedge sandals have shown pretty great results. Almost all of these models feature padded insoles, non-slip bottoms and soft stretchable upper. But we have two leaders. They are Women’s Plush Around Wedge Sandal from Aerosoles and Women’s Tallin Wedge Sandal from brand Kate Spade New York. These sandals have the highest mark for the comfort, support, durability, quality and of course style.
Hope our recommendations will be useful for You.
How to Choose a Wedge Sandal?
Sometimes it is hard to find a perfect shoe that will be great for any occasion, style, and outfit. Sandals are available in different colors, design, styles and heel height, so here are tips that will help you to make the right choice.
- If you are going to wear your shoes very often outdoors: at street, parks, barbecues, you will need sandals that are made of sturdy material. So synthetic leather, the rubber will work great for this occasion. But if you are planning to wear shoes mostly indoors you can also buy sandals made of fabric material and cork.
- Choose the model with various decorations for some special occasion, cause in everyday life they won’t be so practical.
- The wedge heel is still a heel, so you probably can’t run a marathon in these. Choose sandals that feature hidden platform at the front so lifting is much more comfortable.
- Neutral colors are more versatile than bright ones because they will combine with various outfits. So if you are planning to buy just one pair of sandals, choose a practical color like beige, brown or black.
Pros and Cons of Wedge Sandals
- Cork wedge sandals are very lightweight.
- Such sandals add height but they are still much more comfortable than heeled pumps.
- Wedges look great with almost any outfit.
- Sandals let your feet breathe so it’s perfect choice for summer or spring.
- Wedge sandals are always a stylish choice – you can’t go wrong with them.
- They make ankles look thinner.
- Wedge sandals can look clunky, so avoid tight-fitting clothes when wearing them.
- Such shoes are really more comfortable, but we still don’t recommend wearing them for a long time every day, because the heel is still a heel.
- Wedge sandals look more casual than regular pumps and it is difficult to find an elegant pair.
How to Wear Wedge Heels?
There are no certain rules for wearing wedge sandals, but we will give you some tips how to pair them properly with your outfit.
You can reach a perfect combination of following items:
- Short. You can’t go wrong with them.
- A long skirt or long dresses.
- Short skirts and dresses.
- Any type of jeans: skinny, boyfriend, mom jeans.
- Wide pants.
What to avoid:
- Tight pencil skirts.
- Capri pants or three-quarter-length trousers.