- 1. Sandals and Flats- Best pregnancy shoes
- 2. High Heels
- 3. Shoe Ruels for Pregnancy
- 4. Skechers Performance Go Walk 3 Slip-On Shoe
- 5. Crocs Women’s Kadee Flat
- 6. Orthaheel Tide Slide In Orthopedic Sandals
- 7. Dansko Women’s Pro Xp Mule Shoe
- 8. Birkenstock Unisex Arizona 2-Strap Cork Sandals
- 9. Lucky Women’s Emmie Ballet Flat
- 10. TOMS Women’s Classics Flat
- 11. Sanuk Women’s Donna Hemp Flat
- 12. Dr. Scholl’s Women’s Rock Sandal
- 13. Bearpaw Kola II Round Toe Suede Snow Boot
- 14. Skechers Performance Go Walk Move Snow Boot
- 15. Clarks Women’s Malia Poplar Boot
- 16. Buyer’s Guide
|Photo||Brand||Price on Amazon||Upper Material||Sole Material||Colors||Features||Mark|
|Skechers||Performance Go Walk 3 Slip-On Walking Shoe||Fabric / Synthetic||Rubber||12 colors||
|Crocs||Kadee Flat||Synthetic||Synthetic||8 colors||
|Orthaheel||Tide Slide In Orthopedic Sandals||Woven / Polyurethane||Manmade||6 colors||
|Dansko||Pro Xp Mule Shoe||Leather||Synthetic||27 colors||
|Birkenstock||Arizona 2-Strap Cork Footbed Sandals||Suede||EVA||Multiple colors||
|Lucky Brand||Emmie Ballet Flat||Fabric||Synthetic||35 colors||
|TOMS||Classics Flat||Canvas||Synthetic||38 colors||Shaft measures approximately 2.5″ (6.35 cm) from arch||7|
|Sanuk||Donna Hemp Flat||Fabric||Rubber||3 colors||
|Dr. Scholl’s||Rock Sandal||Manmade||Synthetic||3 colors||
|Bearpaw||Kola II Round Toe Suede Snow Boot||Goat fur||Rubber||3 colors||
|Skechers||Performance Women’s Go Walk Move Snow Boot||Leather / Synthetic||Rubber||1 color||
|Clarks||Malia Poplar Boot||Leather||Synthetic||2 colors||
Pregnancy is a difficult period that influences every aspect of the woman’s life and body. And feet are not an exception. The increased weight of the body makes a greater stress on the feet, which means a pregnant woman will need to renew her wardrobe and get a pair of really comfortable shoes. Also, the size of the foot is also increasing, so old footwear won’t help and new purchases are inevitable. And our article will be your guide in the assortment of the shoes for pregnancy. First of all, we should admit that there is no notion for pregnancy shoes, but some footwear is much better for this period than other. So, what models are the best for pregnancy in 2017?
Sandals and Flats
Two types of shoes work really great during this time: they are sandals and flats. Any kind of sandals or flip-flops will work well because they are simple and have flat soles. Only advice is to get a pair that features supportive footbed with special Orthaheel technology applied. Also, choose durable and quality materials. Probably you will have to wear sandals around the house as well because walking barefoot is quite a challenge during pregnancy. Flats are also a great choice. Pregnancy doesn’t mean you have to stop wearing pretty and stylish shoes. There are a lot of different models available that will replace your favorite pair of heeled pumps, which are forbidden during this period.
So let’s talk about the heels.
As we have mentioned, shoes on the high heel is not an option for a pregnant woman. And there are a few reasons for this.
First, your feet are going to swell during pregnancy, making heeled shoes extremely uncomfortable to wear. In most of the cases pumps also have a pretty narrow width, so your feet probably won’t even fit in these.
The second reason is a pain in the back. It happens because of the relaxin hormone which makes the ligaments to loosen up. And it leads to increased stress on feet and knees that cause pain and discomfort.
Also, shoes with the high heel change the posture, putting the weight of your body on knees and ankles. And that is not healthy as you can see. And the last, very often women during pregnancy feel dizzy which means that wearing heels is simply dangerous. What if you really want to wear pumps? Choose models on the wide small and stable heel and wide toe box. Kitten heels will work great as well.
Shoe Rules for Pregnancy
There are some rules for perfect pregnancy shoes. They should be:
1. Roomy. Try to find shoes that are really wide, so they wouldn’t squeeze fingers and cause discomfort. If the upper is made of stretchable material it is the additional advantage.
Easy to put on and off. Perfect pregnancy shoes should have really easy construction, without any laces, buckles or zippers. It is pretty hard to zip up or lace up the whole shoe when you can barely reach your toes.
2. Supportive. Choose shoes with great arch support and padded insoles.
3. Comfortable. Nothing should bother you during wearing: no rubbing, blisters, and pain.
Of the proper size. As you know feet during pregnancy are getting bigger in half or even full size. So be careful and measure your feet before ordering a new pair in the online shop.
We have made the selection of pregnancy shoes for different occasions and seasons.
Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 3 Slip-On Walking Shoe
Brand Skechers is known for its quality and comfortable footwear and these slip-ons are especially great for pregnancy. They have simple pull-on construction for easy pitting off and on significantly. The upper is made of the lightweight breathable material that will keep feet dry and cool. For support and comfort, shoes feature special memory foam insole. Bottoms have a really good grip that guarantees your safety on any uneven terrain. Also, slip-ons are available in various bright colors to match any outfit.
Crocs Women’s Kadee Flat
Crocks flat is not the prettiest model you can choose, but they compensate this with other great characteristics. These shoes are very light, supportive, soft and easy to put on and off. It is also a great choice for these days when you want to be around the water because Crocks are waterproof and dry really quickly.
Orthaheel Tide Slide In Orthopedic Sandals
It is time for flip flops. Hardly can you imagine summer without these, and if your pregnancy will happen during this season, you will definitely need a pair. So we want to introduce sandals from Orthaheel. Flip flops are often criticized for lack of arch support, but with these, it is not an issue. Shoes feature EVA footbed, TPR outsole with a traction and padded neoprene upper liner.
Dansko Women’s Pro Xp Mule Shoe
Such clogs are made for professional nurses who spend all working day on their feet, so these shoes have to be really supportive as well as comfortable. They feature sturdy hard sole with a good grip and durable stiff upper. Clogs can be little too heavy, but if you are planning to stand all day, these shoes are exactly what you need, as they will release stress from your back, knees, ankle, and feet. Also, they have roomy toe box for your swelled feet. The full review of Dansko mule.
Birkenstock Unisex Arizona 2-Strap Cork Footbed Sandals
Summer sandals from Birkenstock have two adjustable buckle closures for additional width, which is very convenient if your feet are swelling. The soles are made of light cork material and upper is made of naturally soft and stretchable suede. Shoes provide you with support as they feature specials midsoles. Click to read the full review on Arizona 2-Strap Sandals.
Lucky Women’s Emmie Ballet Flat
As we have mentioned, flats are a great choice for pregnancy. And here is a perfect example of durable, quality and of course comfortable flats. You can’t go wrong with this type of shoes because flats are simple classic of feminine shoes on the flat sole. These shoes from Lucky feature memory foam insole that will conform to the shape of your feet, providing excellent support. Model is available in different colors. Read separate review on Lucky flats.
TOMS Women’s Classics Flat
If you are looking for something more casual rather than sporty, pay your attention to this model from Toms. These flats look very simple, yet a great variety of colors and designs are available. The upper is made of light and stretchable fabric. And soles are really flexible and supportive. Shoes also have soft cushioned insoles for extra comfort.
Buying from this company you also have a chance to make a good thing, because they donate a second pair of shoes to a child in need.
Sanuk Women’s Donna Hemp Flat
Sanuk shoes feature really light and breathable upper made of natural fabric that is perfect for summer. The soles are made of rubber to prevent slipping and provide nice secure grip. Shoes have EVA footbed for support and comfort. A simple pull on construction is another advantage of this great model.
Dr. Scholl’s Women’s Rock Sandal
Summer sandals from Dr. Scholl’s work great for pregnant women, because they feature adjustable buckle closure, so you can change their width as you need. Shoes have contoured insoles for massage effect which is super supportive at the same time. Footwear is lightweight, comfortable and easy to wash.
When you are looking for winter boots that will be comfortable during your pregnancy, pay attention to the grip, width of the calves and their stability on the whole, because slipping on the ice or snow and falling is really dangerous. And of course, they should be warm.
Bearpaw Kola II Women Round Toe Suede Snow Boot
This style can be not your favorite, but Bearpaw knows how to make warm and comfy boots for cold winter. Shoes are made of real leather and covered with goat fur at the top. Boots are decorated with feather banded trim. Also, they feature a stable and non-slip rubber sole.
Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk Move Snow Boot
As you can see we have another model from Skechers because this brand produces really awesome footwear for any need or occasion. These winter boots are warm and cozy, featuring fur trim at the cuff. Fur lining inside the shoes also is super warm and soft. The model has bottoms with a special construction that will prevent slipping. In addition, boots are water-resistant.
Clarks Women’s Malia Poplar Boot
These winter boots feature two decorative buckle closures, full-length zipper and concealed goring. The sole is sturdy and supportive. The boot is made of leather, so they will probably need a break-in period, but after this shoe will fit perfectly. Also, this model is recommended for women with wide calves. For comfort, boots have cushioned footbed with Ortholite technology.
Which types of shoes to give preference to being pregnant?
It is not necessary to spend time searching for special footwear for pregnant women. Loafers, jockey boots, ankle boots, boots with wide bootlegs, moccasins, ugg boots, ballet shoes, sneakers and others are suitable from the point of view of safety models and can be bought in the same place as you did before pregnancy. It is only necessary to take into account several important points:
- Choose low and wide heels (up to 5 cm), and it is best to replace them with a low platform;
- Shoes for pregnant women should be light and stable – especially if they are on heels. Check the shoes for stability right in the store. Put them on a flat floor or shelf: heels should be close to the surface, do not “fall in”, and toes slightly – about half a centimeter — should rise from the floor;
- Give preference to soft leather shoes, because they take the shape of your feet easily;
- Consider breathing models of leather or fabric, with perforations, inserts of soft straw or flax;
- Antibacterial impregnation is desirable for closed footwear because during pregnancy the probability of fungal infection increases;
- A special profiled insole (it exactly repeats the “profile” of the foot) reduces the load on the spine, hip, knee and ankle joints, and also supports the arches of the foot;
- Remember that in the last months of pregnancy the foot becomes wider and swelling is difficult to avoid by the evening even against the background of normal pregnancy. Buy shoes in the evening, the probability of making a mistake with the size, in this case, is minimal. Be sure to try on shoes on both legs;
- It is advisable to purchase two pairs of shoes and change them during the day in order to minimize sweating and pressure on the same parts of the foot;
- Do not buy shoes without trying them at first.
Things to take into account choosing winter footwear for pregnancy
When choosing winter footwear, do not forget that bearing a child is already a fairly strong load on the body. The spine is especially prone to pressure, which should keep the body and back muscles. And the child growing up inside of you together with the stomach doesn’t make this task easier for the spine. Therefore, your task is to choose footwear that at least can simplify life for you and your back. In addition to the shape and style of shoes, always pay attention to the material. After all, you and your baby must not be cold, so pay attention to what kind of material will warm your feet better.
- Material of winter shoes: It is better to choose shoes from genuine leather or suede. After all, such boots correspond to hygienic norms, it will not be too hot in them, but the natural fur inside will provide warmth to you. In addition, good quality leather and appropriate treatment will protect your feet from getting wet. Suede for a dry winter without slush is also suitable, but it’s more difficult to take care of such shoes.
- Sole: It is especially important to choose the right sole for the winter footwear of a pregnant woman as it is better not to fall. Therefore, the best option for you will be the relief rubber outsole. In addition, today on sale you can find special pads for shoes that will protect you from falling since they minimize slipping;
- Heel: it is better to choose the most stable, low and wide heel. Firstly, it allows you to feel at the height, and secondly, it will ease the burden on your back;
Do not forget that the legs of pregnant women can swell not only in summer but in winter. Therefore, it is better to choose boots in which you feel some freedom. Move your fingers, walk around the store, just feel whether it is convenient for you in such shoes. And yes, it’s better, choose shoes exactly in the store, because the catalogs are convenient, but even if the size is right, it does not mean that everything in this shoe will suit you when you walk.
What types of shoes to avoid if you are pregnant?
- High heels. If the heel is above 5 cm, it can lead to back pain and increase the risk of falls: the center of gravity when walking on his heels is significantly shifted, and the low back deflection, which appears against the background of the growing abdomen, is increasing. Pregnant women are contraindicated to wear heels, displaced to the middle of the shoe;
- Boots, tight-fitting legs, can provoke the development of varicose veins;
- Shoes that fall off the feet. The foot of a pregnant woman needs support;
- Boots and sneakers with laces are inconvenient, as it is difficult for a pregnant woman to bend them;
- Winter shoes with a slippery sole. It can be secured on its own by gluing on the soles and heels of a strip of abrasive paper on a fabric basis or a regular adhesive plaster with waterproof glue. Or attach a special anti-slip pad in the shoe shop;
- Shoes with a narrow toe, which compress your toes, making it difficult to circulate. Choose a square or round toe;
- Sandals with narrow straps are excluded because of swelling. In addition, the straps can hurt to crash into swollen feet;
- Shoes with a flat sole can cause a significant expansion of the foot and flat feet. It is recommended to wear it with special insoles.
This is all our recommendations about pregnancy shoes. Hope you will find the perfect pair![expand title=”Bonus – Size Charts by Brands” tag=”h3″]
Skechers Women’s Size Chart
Lucky Brand Women’s Shoe Size Chart
Sanuk Women’s Shoe Size Chart
|US Sizes||Euro Sizes||UK Sizes||Foot size in CM|
Dansko Women’s Shoes size chart
Dr. Scholl’s Women’s Shoes size chart
Crocs Women’s Shoe Size Chart
Birkenstock Women’s Shoe Size Chart
Bearpaw Women’s Shoe Size Chart
Clarks Women’s Shoe Size Chart