Road shoes are intended for the runners training mostly on roads and pavements. Good running shoes grant flexibility, support and prevent the risk of injury. When choosing a right pair of road running shoes, one should put not fashion, but functionality in the first place. However, a brand is also important, as it contributes to the perfect fit, durability, and comfort. The table below contains the most remarkable characteristics of road shoes for women, rating from 1 to 10.
The Comparison Table of The Best Women’s Running Shoes
|Photo||Brand||Model Price on Amazon||Upper Material||Sole Material||Colors||Features||Our Mark|
|ASICS||Women’s Gel-Noosa Tri 9 Running Shoe,Black/Neon Coral/Green,7 M US||Synthetic||Rubber||1 color||10|
|Saucony||Guide 9 Running Shoe||Fabric and Synthetic||Rubber||7 colors||10|
|New Balance||Fresh Foam 1080v6 Running Shoe||Fabric / Synthetic||Rubber||5 colors||10|
|PUMA||Pulse XT Core Running Shoe||Fabric / Synthetic||Rubber||7 colors||10|
|Nike||Free 5.0+ Running Shoe||Mesh||Rubber||9 colors||9|
|Mizuno||Wave Inspire 11 Running Shoe||Synthetic||Synthetic||7 colors||9|
|ONEMIX||Air Cushion Running Sneakers||Synthetic||Rubber||3 colors||9|
|Aleader||Lightweight Mesh Sport Running Shoes||Fabric / Double mesh||MD Rubber||8 colors||9|
|Mxson||Ultra Lightweight Breathable Mesh Running Shoes||Fabric / Synthetic||Rubber||5 colors||8|
|adidas||Performance Vigor 6 TR Trail Running Shoe||Textile||Rubber||3 colors||8|
|Vibram||FiveFingers Bikila LS Shoes||Mesh / Stretch nylon / TPU toe cap||Rubber||4 colors||7|
|Inov-8||FastLift 315 Cross-Training Shoe||Synthetic||Rubber||1 color||7|
|Santiro||Lightweight Sports Fashion Sneakers Shoes||Texitle||Rubber||4 colors||7|
ASICS Women’s Gel-Noosa Tri 9 Running Shoes
The second model of running shoes has improved seamless construction, open mesh upper and gel cushioning system. It affords a high level of breathability and moisture drainage and reduces the possibility of irritation. 3 neon color combinations of these shoes will definitely lift a mood during running, and special print glows in the dark. Enhanced stability, platform support, and decreased weight make this model very comfortable. A woman can choose from 4 sizes (5 B-7,5 B), but it is better to prefer the bigger size, as these shoes are narrow. Also, they are engineered to accommodate the problem of supination. People with high arches find this model very comfortable, but for women with wide feet, it is recommended to order a full-size up. Read the full review ASICS Women’s Gel-Noosa Tri 9 Running Shoes
Saucony Women’s Guide 9 Running Shoes
These light-stability road running shoes are available in 7 different colors and 40 (!) sizes – the producer has taken into account peculiarities of a foot width. Mesh upper of the shoe is extremely breathable, and rubber sole in combination with tri-flex outsole gives exoskeletal support. The shaft measures approximately 2,4 inches (6.1 cm) from the arch, so people with high arches will feel extremely comfortable. This model definitely provides more rebound than usual stability shoes. Even if one doesn’t use the extra lacing holes – there won’t be any issues with sliding on the heel. Surprisingly, the shoes are true to size – no need to order a half size bigger, as in the aforementioned cases.
New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam 1080v6 Running Shoes
Running shoes by New Balance are the combination of bootie construction and lace-keeper overlay. The size range of this model is definitely wide – there are 26 sizes in 5 beautiful color combinations. These road shoes look futuristic because of the ombre fade. Rubber sole with ortholite sockliner make the shoes really comfortable and flexible. Because these shoes are stiff, they are not intended for runners with bone spurs, though the toe box is roomy and comfortable. If you are looking for a neutral shoe with superior cushioning – this model will make a difference. It is also very light.
PUMA Women’s Pulse XT Core Running Shoes
The design of these training shoes is aimed at enhancing the boldness and dynamics of a true runner. They are suitable both for indoor and outdoor use. The polished look is achieved because of the modern breathable upper with a formstrip on a lateral side. Due to responsive footbed technology, slightly padded tongue and collar these shoes are both flexible and comfortable. They are available in 11 sizes and 7 deep colors – classical (for example, black or white), and fancier (like fluorescent red and purple). They run true to size and are extremely durable – you can use them generally for 10-15 years. But these shoes are a little narrow, and people with wide feet should consider this fact before purchase.
Nike Women’s Free 5.0+ Running Shoes
The shoes by Nike provide the increased foot strength, natural motion, and underfoot protection. The manufacturer offers 16 different sizes (5B-12B) and 8 gorgeous colors of this model. Due to the mesh material, it adds extra ventilation, sock-like fit and simple on and off. The rubber sole of the shoe is very soft and flexible, so a runner will be able to feel the ground. The shaft measures approximately 2,4 inches (6.1 cm) from the arch – the shoes have good arch support, consequently they are not perfect for women with flat feet. In contrast, for a person with a high arch, the shoes will feel fine for both running and workout. If a pair is too snug – the shoes stretch a little. As to disadvantage of this model, it is not waterproof. The shoes run small – therefore it is better to order a size up. In another case, the pressure on the knees will feel like one is running barefoot, and it may cause blisters on the toes.
Women’s Wave Inspire 11 Running Shoes by Mizuno
Combining stability and cushioning, these road shoes provide structural support thanks to the breathable mesh upper and several synthetic overlays. They have a faintly padded collar and tongue for secure comfort. 6 juicy colors and 8 various sizes (6 B-10,5 B) of this model will satisfy the taste of a picky runner. Additional internal straps embrace the foot for more comfortable fit. Carbon rubber sole conveys excellent traction and superlative durability. Besides, these shoes are recommended for women with a problem of over-pronation. The toebox of this model is not wide, so if you has wide feet it is better to purchase a size up. In addition, the pair of road shoes by Mizuno will work perfectly for women with flat feet.
ONEMIX Women’s Air Cushion Running Shoes
The running shoes by Onemix are super comfortable because of the maximum cushioning, soft deodorant insole and waffle rubber outsole. The quality of this model is really outstanding – there are no glue marks and threads. It is accessible in 5 women’s sizes and 4 bright color combinations. Being one of the best-looking models, the shoes provide a poor arch support.
Aleader Women’s Lightweight Mesh Sport Running Shoes
The model by Aleader provides comfort and breathability thanks to the double layers of mesh upper. Extra comfort and protection is achieved by the use of traditional lace closure and back pull tap. Cushioned insole and shock absorption give exceptional support. The shoes have wide size range – 9 various sizes, and moderate color choice – 6 colors. Hydro-grip outsole grants exceptional traction and stability for all surfaces. Besides, these shoes are lightweight; they fit true to size and don’t stretch out. Mesh Sport are very flexible, pretty standard and not overly wide.
Mxson Ultra Lightweight Breathable Mesh Running Shoes
The shoes by Mxton are very soft, light and flexible. Knit fabric of the upper provides extra ventilation. The fit is designed to prevent irritation and blisters. Web rubber outsole is elastic and lightweight, it adapts to the ground for increased stability. The arch support insole gives the midfoot the best comfort while moving.
These shoes are very comfortable and good-looking, but they look cheaply made – the soles are coming unglued after a week of intense wearing. This model is accessible in 8 different sizes and 5 colors.
Adidas Performance Vigor 6 TR Trail Running Shoes
Made of textile, with an air mesh upper, the pair of sneakers by Adidas presents secure and breathable fit. The shoes have a rubber sole and synthetic forefoot for extra durability. You can pick the size from a wide range – 10 various sizes, but only 3 girly colors are available. Vigor 6 TR shoes feel light and flexible on feet; they have great arch support and are a true medium width. Nevertheless, these sneakers run larger than normal, and it is better to purchase a half size smaller. The relative detriment is that they are not waterproof.
FiveFingers Bikila LS Women’s Shoes by Vibram
This model is designed specifically for road running. Though it requires some acclimation period, the feet will feel as if one is running barefoot. Perhaps, it is the most extraordinary model among all, due to individual toe slots. The 3-mm (0.12″)polyurethane insole contributes to protection between the foot and the ground, while the special covering helps the foot stay fresh and dry. The upper from stretched nylon provides a cozy fit. Overall, the shoes are comfortable and durable and can be purchased in 8 sizes and 8 colors. They have no arch support because of the unusual construction. Besides, if a pinky toe is not straight and curved inward – this model will keep the toes separated. People with extra weight find this model really adjustable for their needs, as it provides extra support.
Inov-8 Women’s FastLift 315 Cross-Training Shoe
The British company has created these running shoes in 2 sizes and 1 eye-catching color – a combination of blue and purple. Nylon upper with synthetic overlays, plush tongue and collar are included for the additional comfort. The precision fit ensures minimal internal movement, and meta-flex system provides flexibility and forefoot comfort. The heel height measures 2 cm (0.79″). These shoes are perfect for people with wide feet. However, we advise to have one size up – for the most comfortable feeling.
Santiro Women’s Lightweight Sports Fashion Sneakers Shoes
These neutral-cushioned road shoes are intended for people with normal arches. They are made of soft fabric, providing both comfort and good warmth. For extra ventilation, breathable holes are present on the shoe cushion. Padded collar increases upper comfort. These training sneakers are sturdy and practical; there are accessible 6 women’s sizes and 4 dark colors – black, gray, wine red and khaki.
The sneakers by Santiro stylish, cozy, light and not cheap-looking. For the people normally wearing wide shoes – this model fits perfectly, as the shoes are wide in the toe area.
Fotos of Used Running Shoes
Adidas Performance Vigor 6 TR Trail, after Buying
Asics Gel Noosa Tri 9, after buying
Asics Gel Noosa Tri 9, after 2 years using
Inov-8 FastLift 315, after buying
New Balance Fresh Foam 1080, after half year using
New Balance Fresh Foam 1080, after 2 months using
Nike Free 5.0, after 1 year using
Nike Free 5.0, after 1 month using
Saucony Guide 9, after 1 month using
Vibram Fivefingers M355 Bikila LS, after 1 year using
What To Choose?
Picking the best shoes for the current running goals may be quite a dilemma. The above-mentioned testing observations are intended to gain the better understanding of individual fitness aims and body mechanics.
There is no particular model that can be recommended for all road runners. But, without going deep into the details and peculiarities of foot-type combinations, the majority of marks were gained by the brands ASICS, New Balance, Saucony, and Puma. For women with specific feet (flat, wide, high arches etc.) other models are geared to make the process of running comfortable and delightful.
Shoes are a very important part of the equipment for running. The function of running shoes is to soften the foot’s bumps against a hard surface. Both professional athletes, and amateurs, run mostly in running footwear.
Running shoes are designed to ensure good adhesion to the surface and reduce the possibility of injury. Shoes should be soft, but strong, to withstand long loads.
Choosing the perfect sneaker model is not the easiest process. Even experienced runners quite a long time choose their shoes for training. Now the market presents such a variety of models that the most sophisticated consumer will experience difficulty in choosing.
Questions that you should ask yourself before buying running shoes:
- What tasks do you need running shoes for? Training or competition, and for which running disciplines;
- What type of soil and the terrain do you plan to run on? This will impact the shoe protector, size, shoe;
- What are the anatomical features of your feet? This will determine the level of amortization, support of the arch of the foot, the width and height of the pads, especially the toe;
- What is your technique for setting the foot? – This will determine the level of amortization and height difference from the heel to the toe;
- What are climatic features waiting for you during the race? – Snow, rain, cold, mud – this determines the level of heat protection, ventilation, the presence of a membrane and additional protection from rainfall and unwanted debris in shoes;
- How strong and under what conditions the legs are cold, and how critical it is? – This depends on the heat shield, the presence of the membrane, the thickness of the sole, the height of the tibia;
- Do you like to feel every unevenness of the route or, on the contrary, prefer protection? – This affects the torsion rigidity – on twisting, and the lateral rigidity – on bending, technology of the construction of the sole of your future running shoes;
- What size and approximate weight are needed?
- How important is the design for you?
9 Distinctive Features of the Right Running Sneakers
Good footwear for running must have the following features:
- The presence of amortization, which conceals the load from the impacts of feet on the asphalt, the ground. Most often it is in the heel, but it can also be placed in the toe. Manufacturers mark these areas with special designations on the sole.
- Soft sole and top. The rigid inserts in the front part will only interfere.
- The sole is equipped with protective rubber inserts. Professional running shoes have those on the heel, in the area of the toe from the outside. These areas are the main load during training, and rubber prolongs the life of your beloved pair of shoes.
- Modern, breathable materials. Never be guided by the generally accepted canon: a good pair is only leather. Professional sneakers aren’t made of leather. Other poorly breathing, rigid materials aren’t used for running shoes as well.
- Must have a hard heel, but not obligatory. If it is present, the heel should not rub and stiffen the leg.
- The asymmetrical lacing is not the main, but the indicative criterion for choosing footwear for running. The reviews indicate the greater convenience of using shoes, in which the lacing is not in the center, but closer to the inner part of the foot.
- If the lacing is not combined with a rigid strap, it will be easier to tighten the shoes on the leg.
- Removable insole. If necessary, it can be replaced by another, orthopedic.
- The weight of the pair of running shoes shouldn’t be more than 400 g.
Which individual criteria should be taken into account while choosing running shoes?
No less important in the matter of how to choose shoes for running, evaluate other individual criteria.
- Type of the foot (narrow, wide). Manufacturers offer models with different pads. For example, ASICS shoes are equipped with a narrow shoe, Saucony footwear is wide, Mizuno shoes are narrow in the heel area and wider in the toe. Therefore, running shoes cannot be selected remotely, for example, in an online store. They should be tried on, comparing how different these shoes can fir. In this case, the sneakers should be snug to the foot as tightly as possible, without squeezing it. And the free distance from the thumb to the end of the sole should be at least 3 mm.
- The weight of the person who is going to wear running shoes. The more it is, the more technologically shoes must be. For women weighing over 76 kg, you should choose models with double shock absorption (on the toe and heel).
- Running technique. Track where you “land” during training. If on the heel, the shoes should have a reinforced cushion in this place to eliminate the risk of injuries to the knees. If the front or middle of the foot, pay attention to models with a flat sole, with a shock absorber in the front.
- Season. There are no all-season shoes. Summer models are light and breathable, but they quickly get wet during the rain. Winter and demi-season are denser but in summer and in the hall the foot will sweat in them. Therefore, for training all year round, especially in the open air, you will require at least 2 pairs of shoes.
- Coating. For jogging on the asphalt soft sole is comfortable.
Nike Women’s Shoe Size Chart (In)
ASICS Women’s Shoe Size Chart
Saucony Women’s Shoe Size Chart
|USA||UK||EUR||JPN(cm)||CHN(mm)||Men’s USA Conversion|
New Balance Women’s Shoe Size Chart
|US Women||US Men||UK||EU||Length (cm)|
Adidas Shoe Size Chart
Puma Women’s Shoe Size Chart
Vibram Furoshiki Shoe Size Chart
Inov-8 Women’s Shoe Size Chart
|UK Size||EU Size||US Size Mens||US Size Womens||CM|