Table Of Contents
- 1. Dansko Women’s Professional Leather clogs
- 2. Alegria Women’s Paloma Flat
- 3. Sanita Women’s Professional Celina Clog
- 4. Cherokee Women’s Harmony Step-In Padded Collar Shoe
- 5. Timberland PRO Women’s Renova Professional Slip On
- 6. Nurse Mates Women’s Dove
- 7. AnyWear Women’s Exact Health Care & Food Service Shoe
- 8. Skechers for Work Women’s Sure Track Slip Resistant Shoe
- 9. Nurse Mates Women’s Lexi Lace Up
- 10. Nurse Mates – Womens – Anni Lo
- 11. Nurse Mates Women’s Macie
- 12. Nurse Mates – Womens – Chelsea
- 13. Natural Uniforms Ultralite Clog
- 14. Do nursing shoes differ from other shoes?
- 15. How to choose a proper pair of nursing shoes
- 16. Characteristics of perfect nursing shoes
- 17. Conclusion
When you spend all working day on the feet, it is extremely important to rely on your shoes. In the first place, nursing shoes have to be comfortable and provide arch support, because with such difficult and responsible job you have no time to be distracted by rubbing and pain in your foot. We made a complication of nursing shoes from different brands, with different shapes and design that will meet needs of any professional nurse.
Dansko Women’s Professional Leather clogs
The first pair of clogs from brand Dansko with 0.75-inches (1.91 cm) platform. The padding is extremely soft and nice, giving enough arch support to spend all day on your feet without fatigue. Insoles are perforated for better breathability they will help to keep feet dry and fresh. The upper material is very stiff, so some customers have complaints about it. These clogs may feel narrow and uncomfortable if you have wide feet. But if the sizing is correct you’ll have an opportunity to enjoy all their conveniences. Also, soles have no grip to prevent slipping which is a big disadvantage. Clogs are available only in black color.
- Quality and durable materials
- Soft cushioning
- Provide arch support
- Breathable footbed
- Slippery soles
- Hard upper material
- May be too narrow
Alegria Women’s Paloma Flat
Brand Alegria is known for not only comfortable nursing shoes but also for the attractive design. And this pair is not an exception. These clogs have pretty look, featuring Velcro strap with the decorative button. You can’t really say that it is nursing shoes, that how stylish they are. The variety of colors is really big, so everyone can choose a pair that will satisfy any taste. Shoes have cushioned insoles to provide arch support all-day comfort. Also, these insoles are removable, so you can always change them if the old pair will wear out.
- Attractive look
- Variety of colors
- Velcro closure for easy on and off
- Removable and cushioned footbed
- Durable and quality materials
- Protective and stiff bottoms
- Nice arch support
- Make squeaky noise while walking
Nurse Slip On Clogs
|Sanita Women’s Professional Celina Clog||Cherokee Women’s Harmony Step-In Padded Collar Shoe||Timberland PRO Women’s Renova Professional Slip On||Nurse Mates Women’s Dove||AnyWear Women’s Exact Health Care & Food Service Shoe|
Here you can see a selection of classic clogs for nurses from such brand like Sanita, Timberland, Cherokee, Nurse Mates and AnyWear. They have similar characteristics: slip resistant bottom, little platform, breathable and moisture-absorbing cushioned insoles and protective upper. All models are presented only in white or black color, except model from AnyWear, here you can choose from 7 different bright colors.
Unfortunately, all clogs are presented only on one width, so if your feet tend to be wide, probably they are not the best choice as the width can’t be adjusted in any way.
- Sturdy but flexible sole
- Slip-preventing bottoms
- Breathable insoles
- Footbed provides arch support
- Quality and durability, in general, is satisfying
- Slightly heavy and clunky
- May make squeaky noise during wearing
Skechers for Work Women’s Sure Track Slip Resistant Shoe
The next clogs are from brand Skechers – a well-known brand that features all innovative technologies in their footwear. Shoes are made of high-quality leather that will conform to the form of the feet after a few times of wearing. The special construction of the bottoms is great for wet or slippery floor in the hospital. The clog has inserts of perforated material for better breathability and ventilation. Padded insoles are very comfortable and make it possible to spend all day on the feet without pain. Shoes are available only in black color.
- Quality leather was used
- Bottoms feature great grip on slippery and wet surfaces
- Breathable and lightweight
- Flexible soles that don’t restrict movements
- Pillow-soft footbed
- May be narrow
Lace Up Nurse Shoes
There is another selection of clogs with lace-up construction from brand Nurse Mates. This brand is not very popular but it worth your attention. Lace up front is very convenient if you want to achieve a snug and secure fit. Your foot will be fixed properly, letting you move freely. The great advantage of these models is that they come in medium and wide width. Shoes have all that’s needed: padded and supportive footbed, non-slip soles, roomy toe box and stretchable upper part.
You can have these clogs only in black or white color.
- Clogs are available in medium and wide widths
- Lace-up front
- Sturdy bottoms
- Padded insoles
- Need break-in period
Nurse Mates – Womens – Chelsea
These nursing shoes have 2-inches (5.08 cm) platform and decorative buckle strap at the upper. They appear to be too heavy and clunky. Presented in 4 colors. Shoes are running small and narrow, so order them a size bigger. Not the comfiest pair that you will find, but durable and stiff.
- Provide light support
- Protect foot from damages
- Good for slippery surfaces
- Padded insoles
- Heavy and narrow
Natural Uniforms Ultralite Clog
Natural Uniforms clogs have convenient design – they feature folding strap, so shoes can be worn in 2 ways. And we have to say that this model is extremely popular. Shoes are very lightweight and comfortable, give light support and soft padding. Clogs are running big, so we recommend buying them a size smaller than your regular size.
- Made of materials of a high quality
- Can be worn in 2 ways
- Provide support
- Sizing chart is not correct at all
Do nursing shoes differ from other shoes?
Yes, they actually do. Nursing shoes are not just simple running or walking shoes with, there are a lot of factors that differentiate them from other shoes.
Firstly, such footwear should be extremely lightweight since nurses have to spend all day on the feet. The upper material should be hard and strong to protect the foot from damages and injuries. The other important detail is soles. They should have a special construction that will prevent slipping on the different surfaces, which is very significant in the hospital. Also, insoles are designed to provide arch support and relieve stress from feet, knees, and back.
How to choose a proper pair of nursing shoes?
There are a few tips that will help you to choose durable and comfortable shoes for work in hospital:
- When looking for a good pair of shoes, choose a model with a padded footbed that provides arch support. If these insoles are removable it is an additional plus because in case they will wear out, you can replace old insoles with a new pair.
- The upper material should be breathable, durable and easy to clean.
- Soles should be stiff, but at the same time flexible. Also, bottoms must have a good grip on slippery surfaces.
- And last and most significant factor – choose the size that will actually fit you. When the size is not correct, even the comfiest footwear will feel horrible during wearing.
Characteristics of perfect nursing shoes:
- Easy to clean
- Without excess decorations
- With arch support
- Fits perfectly
Among all presented models we can define one leader, it is Women’s Paloma Flat from brand Alegria. These clogs not only have the most various design but also have all important features to provide maximum comfort and support.
Dansko Women’s Shoes Size Chart
Alegria Women’s Size Chart
Sanita Women’s Size Chart
Cherokee Women’s Size Chart
Timberland Women’s Size Chart
Nurse Mates Women’s Size Chart
AnyWear Women’s Size Chart
Skechers Women’s Size Chart