Table of Content (show)
The process involved in getting the right pair of ballet flats could be very challenging as a result of the many options available. Ballet flats are also called ballet slippers, dolly shoes, pointe shoes, ballet pumps, and ballet sneakers. These shoes are lightweight, and they are designed especially for ballet dancing. However, they have become one of the must-have footwear for most women, especially in spring, summer or warm fall.
Ballet flats are made from leather, canvas or satin materials, and are soft and flexible, with thin soles. They are protected by the use of elastics and are durable if handled with care.
Let’s review top 10 of the best ballet flats.
Ballet Characteristics Table
|Photo||Brand||Model Price on Amazon||Upper Material||Sole Material||Colors||Features||Mark|
|Vince Camuto||Ellen Ballet Flat||Leather||Rubber||Wide Range||Leather insole / There are seams near the sole, around the topline and on the sole||10|
|Lucky Brand||Emmie Ballet Flat||Fabric||Synthetic||Wide Range||Stretch topline / Memory foam insole||10|
|Hush Puppies||Women’s Chaste Ballet Flat||Leather||Rubber||Wide Range||Genuine suede leather sock lining / Breathable perforated arch||10|
|Alpine Swiss||Peony Womens Ballet Flats Elastic Ankle Strap Shoes Slip On Loafers||Fabric||Rubber||3 colors||Elastic ankle strap / The round closed-toe||8|
|West Blvd||Basic Round Toe Ballet Flats||Synthetic||Manmade||Wide Range||The round toe||8|
|Cole Haan||Women’s Avery Ballets||Leather / Suede||Synthetic||5 colors||Cushioning foam / Reengineered sole / Elastic topline||8|
|Cole Haan||Womens Zerogrand Stage Door Ballet||Leather||Rybber||2 colors||Elastic topline / Elastic strap on the heel||8|
|Bloch||Women’s Pro Elastic Ballet Slipper||Canvas||Suede||3 colors||Criss-cross elastic straps / Stretch topline||7|
|Cole Haan||Women’s Zerogrand Stagedoor Stud Ballet Flat||Leather||Rubber sole||5 colors||Stretch topline / The round closed-toe||7|
|Cole Haan||Women’s Jenni Gore Ballet II Flat||Leather||Synthetic||1 color||Elastic topline / Snake skin imitation||7|
Vince Camuto Ellen Ballet Flats
The Vince Camuto ballet flats are a classically designed pair of shoes that are comfortable and fit snuggly. These shoes will enhance the appeal of any outfit. They are made of sturdy leather, with rubber soles, and the heels are approximately 0.25 inches (0.64 cm). It’s a timeless round toe ballet flats, that comes with an elasticized side to give you a perfect fit. You can get the ballet flats in other colors as well. There’s always a handy pair waiting especially for you.
Lucky Emmie Ballet Flats
Lucky Brand stands for independent thinking, style of an individual, and an authentic feeling of love. It’s rooted in rock-n-roll with a humored sense of signatures. It’s got a casual flat, possessing a round toe and soft elastic top line. They are very comfortable and look nice, made of fabric, and they give you toe cleavage, they are easy to fold for packing cause of their soft sole. It could hold up to 12 or more hours of work, whether you would be standing or sitting, and you could hardly get sore feet or blistered. It comes in different colors, sizes, and made of fabric. Read our full review on Lucky Emie Ballet Flat.
Hush Puppies Chaste Ballet Flats
Hush Puppies ballet flat provides you with a philosophy of fun, comfort, a unique and genuine style. In 1958, when the brand first introduced their soft suede shoes, something incredible happened. The world discovered fun, comfort, style and beauty in flat shoes. It’s become a favorable number one fashion wears for many women. They hardly fold up. Although the bottom is soft and flexible, it’s just too thick actually to fold up completely and are barely tight for some of the ladies who can’t bear wearing tight shoes for an extended period, but if you order the appropriate size, you could hardly have a complaint. They got fabric upper. It’s made from leather, natural calf, fur, rubber sole, heels measures exactly 0.25 inches (0.64 cm) rubber sole that gives you a first fraction and durability. Also comes in so many colors and designs like Black, nude, black velvet, dark olive, silver stud, black stud, taupe, yellow perforated suede, cognac, coral, woven teal stripe and many more colors. When ordering for the ballet flats, the M/B is for medium size while the C/D is for wide or large.
Alpine Swiss Peony Ballet Flats Elastic Ankle Strap Shoes Slip On Loafers
Elastic ankle strapped slip on loafers, made of fabric upper rubber sole, comes in full sizes; also slip on ballet flat with elastics for safety and style lightly padded insoles, for comfort, round closed-toe ultra-feminine. They are hardly suitable for wider feet since they are of the medium width, and are very comfortable provide support, so you don’t end up with sore feet at the end of the day, very flexible and true to size. Available in black, navy, and gray.
West Blvd Basic Round Toe Ballet Flats
A new collection of flats which is far from boring and unattractive. A brand that would catch your interest, at first sight. A classic ballet with solid vivid loving colors also consists of many available animal prints, this collection of flats is bound to complement your outfits, just any other shoe, but most importantly they are incredibly easy going on your feet and very comfortable. They do not have and also have no toe cracks, and the blacks sell more, but other colors are very available, you just have to make a choice. Made from synthetic and comes in many available colors and designs. Read the full review on West Blvd Ballets.
Cole Haan Avery Ballets
Cole Haan is popularly known for creating stylish, classic shoes with an emphasis on comfort. The brand has frequently partnered with New York ballerinas and has created the Avery Ballet Studio Collection, a unique chain of inspired ballerinas footwear. Comprises of features like leather/suede, imported synthetic sole got a lot of comfort and style, and could be worn with a cashmere sweater for an office appearance. Dual compound cushioning, got synthetic outsole that carries rubber pods for grip to prevent slip. They are not very comfortable for everyday use since they lack enough cushion, but otherwise, they are very comfortable and cute. It’s presently available in colors like storm cloud glitter, maple sugar patent, black patent, black glitter, sugar glitter, gold snake print/black suede.
Cole Haan Zerogrand Stage Door Ballets
Your entrance into any event or occasion will be splendid and enchanting wearing the Cole Haan Zero Grand Stage Door Ballet. Made of leather, got a round toe silhouette, lightly padded sole, also a rubber outsole, and note that measurement varies in size. It’s beautiful and comfortable going on the feet, and it’s available in colors like black patent, gun metal Dot print.
Bloch Pro Elastic Ballet Slippers
A canvas especially spilled sole with an elastic in the position of binding and drawstring. The elastic rhymes with the foot help to reduce pressure on the Achilles tendon. It was discovered in Sydney in the year 1932 by Jacob Bloch. Beautiful and comfortable, all leather and fits perfectly well if you order the perfect size, excellent for classes. The upper part of the ballet feet is very compatible and of good quality. It reduces pressure on the dorsal surface of the foot when it contacts the floor. Triangle canvas arch that embraces the foot when it is pointing, very balanced and comfortable. It’s the highly recommended footwear for esteemed ballet dancers.
Cole Haan Zerogrand Stagedoor Stud Ballet Flats
The Cole Haan is one of the premier luxury brands, founded in 1928. The trademark has been in business for over 80 years and had a hundred points of distributions in America. Cole Haan portrayed a great sample of art when style was everything, and it was a men’s footwear that captured the importance of the 20’s spirit, beautifully-designed and well-made shoes for the grand gentlemen. It was a collaboration between Trafton Cole and Eddie Haan. Imported, synthetic lining, slip-on construction.
But today, it’s become a heritage to all its products women dress amongst other casual wears like belts, handbags, sunglasses, hosiery and shoes. It’s made from leather, rubber sole, classic ballet flat and is available in colors like black, maple sugar, gold/metallic, Canton rose/white.
Cole Haan Jenni Gore Ballet II Flats
These ballet flats are stylish and unique, comes with a plain round sole. Good leather upper, elastic top line, nice leather lining, man-made outsole, they are so beautiful and comfortable and got great support. The width is average, but the length can run short relating to an elastic fabric that wraps around the opening of the ballet shoe which aids the shoe in staying in place and do run small, they got no support and goes a long way for casual and dressy and is versatile. Lovely enough you would want to wear them every day, and it’s available in the black snake color.
The Best Choice
Looking at the table above you can see 3 leaders. They are Vince Camuto Women’s Ellen Ballet Flats, Hush Puppies Women’s Chaste Ballet Flats, and Lucky Women’s Emmie Ballet Flats. Other flats are also good variants because all of them are high-quality and they all have nice look. For example, Bloch Women’s Pro Elastic Ballet Slippers will be perfect for dancers. West Blvd Women’s Basic Round Toe Ballet Flats are nice for daily wearing. But taking into account the universality and variety of colors we chose these 3 models. Remember, your choice is depending on your aim.
We hope our recommendations will be useful for you.
Top-10 Tips How to Choose Ballet Flats
Ballet flats have won the hearts of many girls due to their versatility, lightness, and stylish design. They combine in themselves, seemingly, two incompatible things – beauty and convenience.
For the first time women’s ballet shoes received the world fame in the late 50’s of the twentieth century, now they have again won popularity among fashionable women. These flats will perfectly complement not only the casual outfit but also fit a sports suit or an evening gown. All this is possible due to the huge variety of colors and models of ballet shoes. In order to choose your special pair of ballet shoes, follow the tips below:
- When choosing ballet flats, pay attention to the sole – it should be flexible and not restrict the mobility of the foot. This can be checked by normal bending. In addition, the sole of the ballet should not be too thin – otherwise, you will feel every stone on the road.
- In order to make sure of the quality of the ballet, check that the sole of the shoe is securely fastened. If decorations are made with bows, crystals or appliques, it is worthwhile to find out how well the ornaments last.
- Of course, when choosing ballet, the first place is the criterion of quality and naturalness. Because this fashionable women’s shoes are often worn on a barefoot, care must be taken so that your skin can breathe. These requirements can be met by suede and leather ballet shoes – you will feel comfortable in them even on the hottest days. In addition, leather and suede ballet shoes are very soft and able to easily adjust to the features of your feet.
- If you decide to give preference to leather ballet shoes, it is desirable that the model you like is made of genuine leather, not only from the outside but also inside. The imitation leather on the inside of the shoe can “soar”, thereby causing discomfort in a hot season.
- Consider getting a pair of ballet flats made of flax or denim – they are light and are cheaper than leather shoes, but their disadvantage is low wear resistance.
- If you are looking for a budget model of ballet shoes from leatherette, it is advisable to choose shoes with perforations. Small holes do not only aesthetic function, but also provide additional ventilation to your legs.
- Choosing ballet shoes, in advance, think about what you intend to wear because the shoes must match the general style of your image. For example, ballet flats for the office are a strict classics made of genuine leather.
- The leather version is also, without a doubt, appropriate for long walks and shopping. But to go to a party, you can consider beautiful and not very practical models, decorated with stones.
- If you experience back problems or have flat feet, do not choose shoes with a completely flat sole. You can find ballet shoes with a thickening of the sole in the area of the heel or on a small square heel.
- It is better to go to the store for ballet flats later in the evening when the foot is more voluminous. When trying on shoes, make sure that it matches your size, do not buy ballet shoes that are small for you. Of course, leather models can be carried, however, stretched shoes lose their elegance.
Shoes-ballet shoes are suitable for almost any clothing, in them, your legs will never get tired. To choose the right ballet shoes, use our tips. And remember that ballet is never a lot: a few pairs of fashionable and comfortable shoes-slippers in your wardrobe will make your life much brighter!
What to Wear Ballet Shoes With and How to Create a Perfect Image Thanks to Ballet Flats?
- Ballet flats with jeans: Jeans for a long time and firmly entered our lives, and the same can be said about ballet flats, and of course, the fashionista has long tried to combine them. It is worth noting that this pair looks perfect, besides they can be called the most comfortable clothes and shoes. The ballets are most harmoniously balanced with narrowed ankle-length jeans, you can also combine with the wide jeans boyfriends to create an ultra-fashionable image of the ballet. Most often, jeans are slightly rolled up to demonstrate a well-chosen set of shoes.
- Ballet flats with a skirt: Incredibly romantic are the image based on the skirt and ballets. The very beautiful look can be created thanks to the flared skirt style midi, no less effectively perceived skirt pencil, or a mini. The hue of the skirt is selected to the shade of the ballet, so, for example, the white midi skirt will look gorgeous with black or white ballet, the black pencil skirt will ideally look with black ballets decorated with a modest bow. Pink colorful skirt mini can easily be combined with pink shoes, a blue skirt can be beaten by the sun beige or gray ballet. As for the top, then with a skirt, you can put on a top, blouse, shirt, pullover, jacket or turtleneck.
- Ballet flats with shorts: Another very comfortable and at the same time incredible image with flats can be created with shorts and ballets. With such shoes, you can wear jeans shorts, textile, lace, velour, leather or suede. The shade of shorts can be absolutely anything, it all depends on your preferences, the same applies to the color of shoes. For example, with denim shorts, black, beige or gray ballet flats will look great. Grey shorts can be supplemented with ballets in a white and orange strip, effective pink and red shorts with print flowers can be combined with red ballet.
- Ballet flats with trousers: To create a truly stylish image, it’s better to choose the styles of slightly shortened trousers, in the extreme case they can be slightly tucked, which is an undeniable trend. Most often ballet flats are combined with skinny trousers according to the figure, rarely you can see breeches or sultanas. Ballet flats and trousers can be worn in the office, for a walk with friends, a date, a trip to the cinema or shopping.
- Ballet flats with a dress: The dress with ballets looks very cute and romantic, the image in ballet shoes does not look heavy, and the girl literally flutters like a butterfly. Most ballet shoes are combined with everyday dresses, they are much less likely to be worn with evening dresses (this option is preferable to tall girls who do not want to add extra inches of heel to their shoes). If you want to combine ballet flats with a festive outfit, for example, an outfit, then look at the luxurious ballets strewn with rhinestones, such shoes will look harmonious with your luxurious dress, and will not at all.
Ballet Flats Size Charts by Brands
Vince Camuto Women’s Shoe Size Chart
|U.S. SIZE||EU SIZE||U.K SIZE||INCHES||CM|
Hush Puppies Women’s Shoe Size Chart
West Blvd Women’s Shoe Size Chart
Lucky Brand Women’s Shoe Size Chart
Bloch Women’s Shoe Size Chart
Cole Haan Women’s Size Chart